Zaha Hadid Architects: ‘Global Design Laboratory’ exhibition
Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) transform notions of what can be achieved in concrete, steel, and glass; combining an unwavering optimism for the future and belief in the power of invention with concepts of urban and social connectivity – creating projects that stand as symbols of social progress and culture.
Zaha Hadid insisted that we expand the boundaries of our discipline, our understanding and our knowledge, while at the same time cultivating humanism. Our primary focus is on contributing to human well-being that includes a vibrant civic life.
Using social functionality as our starting point and key driver of all our design ambition and decisions, once a design concept is established we look carefully at all technical requirements and optimisations derived from advanced methodologies and technologies.
The development of 3D Building Information Modelling (BIM) in the design, construction and operations of ZHA’s buildings dramatically increases construction certainty and efficiency. This exhibition gives an overview and cross section of the recent and current work of ZHA including built and unbuilt architectural works, furniture and product design.
The experimental designs of our research group CODE (Computational Design) are also showcased, together with the work of ZHA’s Virtual Reality Group that seamlessly transitions the practice’s digitised design work into immersive prototypical space. Source by Zaha Hadid Architects.
- Location: Songshan Cultural and Creative Park, Taipei, Taiwan
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Principal: Patrik Schumacher
- Exhibition Curators: Woody Yao, Manon Janssens, Shao-wei Huang
- Exhibition Design: Daria Zolotareva
- Exhibition and CODE Teams: Ariss Majid, Ashwin Shah, Carlos Michel-Medina, Federico Borello, Gerhild Orthacker, Henry Louth, Jillian Nishi, Lei Zheng, Maha Kutay, Margarita Valova, Melodie Leung, Muhammad Abdullahi, Paulo Flores, Shajay Bhooshan, Tommaso Casucci, Zahra Yassine
- Graphic Design: Dominic Vadra-Edwards, Filipa Gomes, Silviya Barzakova
- Video Installation: Henry Virgin
- ZH VR Group: Helmut Kinzler, Jose Pareja Gomez
- Date: 8 July-10 Oct 2017
- Photographs: Courtesy of Zaha Hadid Architects